Monday, September 28, 2009

Divas & Fashionistas: Behind the scenes of a fashion photo shoot






Lights, camera, fan, and action!! Today I lived out a dream of mine to be a fashion stylist!

Tulle, chiffon, hair spray, ruffles, roses, long lashes, crystals, stillettos, pearls, and oh my heaven's....this production was a lot more work than I ever imagined going into getting just that one shot. And while I don't want to spoil the whole shot for Riehl Events' new ad campaign, you'll just get a sneak peak of some of the details of the day above.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention our buying trip last week to seek out the perfect accessories for our stunning model. Hello, I think I discovered a talent I didn't know I have...accessorizing! Again, see some of the detail shots I got above for the yummy goods.

Jacque Riehl, owner and creative force behind Riehl Events, asked some of the best in the industry to be a part of her new campaign. One of my favorite things about working with Jacque is that she challenges me as an artist to seek out the cutting-edge of wedding and event design. She's got the heart and soul of a city girl and she wants to bring to Utah what people in high fashion and design see in NY and LA. It's a blast to be a part of her team on this shoot.

Here's the team:

Planning and Production - Riehl Events (www.riehlevents.com)
Florals - StellaPosy (
www.stellaposy.com)
Wardrobe - Alta Moda Bridal Boutique (
www.altamodabridal.com)
Hair and Makeup - Enizio Artistry (
www.enizio.com)
Location - Utah Museum of Fine Arts (
www.umfa.utah.edu)
Model - Shariana Suliafu
http://www.modelmayhem.com/shariana
Photography - Dezember Photography (
www.dezemberphoto.com)


1 comment: