Friday, March 12, 2010

Park City Wedding: Winter meets spring

It's about this time of year that I start jonesing for spring to arrive. Don't get me wrong, I adore winter weddings, but March means SPRING, right?

Last weekend, StellaPosy worked with Soiree Productions to design a rustic and classic winter look using bare branches and icicles, warm hues of chocolate and burgundy and a hint of a soft sage green, BUT it also had the perfect spring surprise...cream french tulips peaking out beneath the velvety layer of dahlias. I took these photos below, but I cannot wait to see what Mitch and Ryan of ZumaPhoto captured.


Burgundy dahlia bout with silver brunia and a tiny dahlia bud
How 'bout this combo of chocolate and burgundy dahlias, huh?
K, my photography doesn't do the centerpieces justice, but with the pin-spotting and the candles in the Stein Eriksen Lodge ballroom, the centerpieces were a dramatic creation.
I got several compliments on these boxes I hung from the pews of The Park City Community Church. One person said, "I've never seen anything so beautiful!"
Soiree didn't give us any guidelines on these lovely little cocktail table centerpieces, so we went a little vintage-y and old-fashioned here with the Sahara roses, lambs ear, cream dahlias, and Black Beauty roses on the champagne lamour linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment