Friday, October 29, 2010

Easy table decor: Book Club

Nothing brings me more excitement than a night with my book club. These ladies are class-A, super sharp, and as you can see, gorgeous. In addition, they are all really good chefs. I'm not quite sure how they let me "in", but I really try to live up to their culinary and cerebral standards.

I cannot cook, but I can set a dang good table. My dear friend, Maria, helped me with the menu: salmon with mango salsa, cilantro rice and green salad. I wasn't able to take close-up photos of the table setting, but you can see, its VERY simple and INEXPENSIVE to do.

That's me at the head of the table. It was a baby shower for our friend Alethia, so we all wore PINK and I served pink lemonade.
The trick of this table setting is SO easy. I purchased a thick, high-quality wrapping paper for the "runner" and for the "placemats". Since I already owned green napkins, I choose RASPBERRY PINK and MOSS GREEN as my color palette. Since I have a very narrow table, I just use bud vases, votives, and hot pink rose petals going down the center.

I used these fabulous "double" lilies, which are a new variety I just saw for the first time this summer. They are as fragrant as their cousin, but you don't have to worry about the messy pollen stems. I also put a few single stems of hot pink hydrangea in bud vases to add that extra punch of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment