Monday, October 18, 2010

Remembering my Mexico wedding

I got married seven years ago in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I would like to think that my friends that married before me started the whole destination wedding craze. To this day, I have only attended 4 weddings in Salt Lake City and the rest of them have been in destinations like Carmel, Saratoga Springs, Pointe Reyes, and Palm Springs (California got a lotta money out of me). We (me and the Mister) also traveled to Southern Utah, Rhode Island, Virginia, Illinois, New Hampshire and the South of France. Seriously, I have spent the last 10 years planning vacations around the weddings of my best friends. Not a bad way to live, huh?

Why get married in Mexico? The night we got engaged, our first thought was getting married on the beach. How romantic, right? Well, it was. Since then, I've seen several weddings working on the planning side and although there are tiny details here and there I think to myself "Oh, I should have done that", I still would not have changed a thing. It was my perfect day.

But then Martha (and Style Me Pretty) goes and publishes this fantastic Puerto Vallarta wedding just to show me up! Shame on the photographer Kate Headley for taking such fabulous shots. (You know I kid, right?) This is definitely a wedding that is making me think, "Oh, I would totally do that again."


K, wait...I just have to point out (since we are all about flowers here) that these lilies are fabulous. I used to think that lilies were a little too everyday for weddings, but I've been using them lately as a less expensive substitute for orchids. They really can take on an exotic mood, as shown here.



You can view more photos here from Style Me Pretty. (Please note that StellaPosy did not provide these florals.)

If you went back to your wedding day, what would you change?

No comments:

Post a Comment